Doors of Darkness
provides five scenarios written especially for beginning Keepers and players of Call of Cthulhu RPG
. Here you will find horror, mystery, ghastly monsters, strange magics, and forgotten secrets, as well as plenty of advice about how to run the adventures for the best effect.
As well as the scenarios, an essay by Kevin Ross details a wide range of hints and tips of running Call of Cthulhu RPG
- guidance any Keeper, new or experienced, will find very useful.
Also included are ten diverse and ready-to-play investigators, allowing players to dive straight into the mysteries contained within Doors of Darkness
. Lastly, just because these scenarios are written with new players in mind, don't expect them to be a walk in the park! Those who dare open the doors to darkness will discover just what secrets and dangers lie within!
The five scenarios within Doors of Darkness
are:• The Darkness Beneath The Hill
- A friend's house renovation project leads to unexpected discoveries in Providence, Rhode Island.• Genius Loci
- Not all is well at Danvers State Lunatic Asylum and it's down to the investigators to heed a friend in need's cry.• Servants of the Lake
- The hunt for a missing person reveals ancient secrets in the wilds north of Kingsport.• Ties That Bind
- Strange rock formations have been found in Mrs. Carrington's prized fountain. But these are like no rocks seen before!• None More Black
- The death of Miskatonic University student leads the investigators into unsavory neighborhoods and dark business dealings.
A copy of Call of Cthulhu 7E RPG: Keeper Rulebook is required to to fully enjoy the scenarios.