The United States of America is no more. It was destroyed when the world's nuclear warheads were launched. The ensuing apocalypse brought an end to both the Great War and the civilized world. In its place exists the Wasteland, an irradiated landscape pockmarked by ruined cities, decaying civilizations, and pockets of desperate survivors. It is inhabited by a variety of mutated creatures, horrific beasts, and undying ghouls. The radiation from the detonations spread quickly. Everything that wasn't killed immediately was irradiated, and most of the country's diverse plant and animal life was wiped out.
Survivors work to reclaim what little they can and salvage what they cannot rebuild. Civilizations is starting to take root again and certain areas of the country have reached a level of stability that might even be called comfortable, at least for the rich and powerful.
Disparate factions have begun to split off as these communities have grown. Each faction looks to make its own way, and some are far more dangerous than others. by far, the most dangerous are the Raiders. They place no value on any human life but their own. Yet civilization has begun to flourish, despite the opposition. Trade, economy, and even government have begun in some areas of the wasteland. Each community adapts or adjusts its own governmental system according to its needs. Merchants travel protected routes, trading at cities across the wasteland.
• Immerse yourself in the genre-defining setting with the official Fallout
tabletop roleplaying game.
• Create your group of original characters, including vault dwellers, ghouls, super mutants, and even robots.
• Tell your own stories of survival in post-nuclear America using a host of non-playable characters and horrific mutated creatures.
• Use iconic weapons, armor, chems, and items translated straight from the video game.
• Scavenge the ruins of the old world and make your mark on the wasteland.
• Utilized the 2d20 System - a roleplaying rules set that supports both story-led adventures and detailed gameplay.