Manufacturer: Renegade Game StudiosThe year is 1940. France is about to succumb to the unstoppable German armies blitzing through Western Europe. Italy's armies are poised to attack in North Africa, Greece, and Southern France. What remains of the British army has recently evacuated Dunkirk. This island nation is about to find itself standing alone and bracing for an invasion that could come at any moment.
The United States, separated from world conflicts by two great oceans, remains neutral for the moment. The Soviet Union has concluded a secret agreement with Germany, assuring that it will remain neutral should Germany go to war with Europe. These are trying times, but all of this is merely a prelude to the greatest conflict in human history.
As an Axis power, you will plan, build, and maneuver your mighty fleets of ships and aircraft in your effort to dominate the world. When the time is right, you will enter into direct military confrontations with the mightiest economic powers on earth, attempting to cripple them before they can thwart your plans.
As one of the Allied powers, you will come together with your allies in the recognized need for a common defense. To succeed, you will need to take charge of your economic, political, and military might, because you'll be challenged by the greatest land, sea, and air powers the world has ever seen.
• Theater-level combat focusing on the Western Hemisphere at the beginning of World War II.
• Leave your mark on history! Play as United States, France, United Kingdom, Soviet Union, Germany, or Italy.
• 610 plastic pieces!
• Punchboard tokens are now double sided!
• Extra large 35" x 32" game board for a greater play experience.
• Updated rulebook based on Errata documents and FAQs.
• Stand-alone game, but compatible with Axis & Allies: Pacific 1940 (sold separately) for a huge Axis & Allies experience!
5 National Storage Boxes
1 Research & Development Chart
1 Battle/Casualty Strip
100 National Control Markers
16 Naval Base Markers
14 Air Base Markers
22 Industrial Complex Markers
‣ 10 Major
‣ 12 Minor
55 Gray Chips
15 Green Chips
10 Red Chips
610 Plastic Miniatures
Game Length: 240 minutes
This game can be played on its own or combined with Axis & Allies: 1940 Pacific Second Edition for enhanced play.