Sierra Madre Games
As a Renaissance banker, you will finance kings or republics, sponsor voyages of discovery, join secret cabals, or unleash jihads and inquisitions. Your choices determine if Europe is elevated into the bright modern era or remains festering in dark feudalism.
Four victories determine the future course of Western Society: will it be towards imperialism, trade globalization, religious totalitarianism, or enlightened art and science?
This 2nd edition of the highly rated strategic card game has new features:
• You have a choice to use either the mapboard or extra map cards but no mapboard for a more portable game. These map cards allow 3 Theocratic states for each empire.
• A new second book, the Player's Guide, contains a playthrough, strategy, statistics, and the solitaire game.
• There are 77 new tableau cards, including all the expansion and BGG promo cards.
• The player boards, tokens, and chess pieces are upgraded, including wooden pirate galleys, and round ships.
• There is a new Throne concept, a new trade route to the Red Sea, and new rules for 1550 start variant, Golden Liberty, Dalmatians, cryptography, condottieri, and apostasy and many more new interesting concepts.Contents:
1 Rule Book
1 Player's Guide
4 Player Boards
13 Wooden Pirate Ship Tokens
37 Florin Disks
4 Busted Disks
Game Length: 60-120 minutes